Commercially digitally printed Wallpaper is growing in popularity due to its ability to transform the environment we live and work in. Any image which can be created digitally can be turned into Wallpaper with todays large format printing devices.
Interestingly, there are now many retail and commercial locations we visit during our daily lives where walls have been wallpapered without us knowing or realising. Gone are the dull and repetitive geometric designs of the 1960 and 70’s where every wall had been Wallpapered; now more creative and unique looks and designs are entirely possible, unless of course you still want the look of the ’70’s.
The alternative to Wallpaper is digitally printed Vinyl. Wallpaper offers some advantages over Vinyl, such as;
- A range of textures to compliment the image and the overall look
- Wallpaper is fully repositionable during application making installation a whole lot easier
- Wallpaper can be removed, particularly from plaster more satisfactorily than self adhesive Vinyl
- Wallpaper does not shrink as many self adhesive Vinyl’s do
- Colours are very well received by the Wallpaper material as many Wallpapers have what is known as “white point”.
- Wallpaper can be further protected with the use of “paintable” sealants.